[lbo-talk] Rolling Stone: How Roger Ailes created Fox News starting in 1968

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 16:42:11 PDT 2011

On 5/31/2011 7:26 PM, Michael J. Smith wrote:

> Not exactly. The disagreement I thought we had was not
> whether, but why.

Okay. So liberals move to the left in times of turmoil because the corporate elite telegraphs to them that now is the time for prudent concessions and the liberals heed their instructions. That means the corporate elite in 1969 thought prudent concessions included immediate capitulation in Vietnam and legally guaranteed full employment?

If that's what they were plotting out in Bohemian Grove, the capitalist class must have been in despair over the reactionary escape-forward strategy of The New Nixon and Hubert Humphrey. I can picture David Rockefeller on the phone to Nixon: "We're sitting on top of a volcano, Dick. I've got Mike Harrington on the other line - you really need to bring him into the administration to give us some breathing room on our left!"

SA