[lbo-talk] New Libyan Prime Minister is U.S. Citizen

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed Nov 2 21:23:09 PDT 2011

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 20:54:09 -0700 Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> weren't there Black Guelphs and White Guelphs?

There were indeed; and as with the Crips and the Bloods, who can keep up with them? No fair Googling: Which was Dante Alighieri? I have forgotten, myself.

This was exactly my point: it's more about prevailing than it is about program. Of course the stated program may help you to prevail as long as you can get some political leverage out of it.

That's the way most of these bloody-shirt issues work, I think. Norman Finkelstein is good and lots of fun on what he calls "the holocaust industry". Nineleven(tm) needs to find its Finkelstein, I might add.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"I think the American people want a solemn ass as a President, and I think I will go along with them."

-- Barack Obama

(Okay, okay, it was really Calvin Coolidge.)