[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland's imminent implosion and the wider effects

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Nov 5 13:06:33 PDT 2011

I'm not saying it should be pure, I'm just describing the effect of these actions. Some are due to police action and inflitration, some are due to slumming/riot porn, some are due to acting out.

Like I said, Occupy Oakalnd has a level of popular support I have never seen before in my life; these black block type movements will alienate people. That they will.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu>

Such elements, tendencies, etc are simply part of the world in which leftists have to operate the best they can. A couple weeks ago I wondered if anyone could supply a one-sentence blast at Anti-Fed sentiments. (Or something like that.) Then I decided fuck it. We just have to accept such nonsense as part of the weather and ignore it.

A world in which left actions could be pure is a world that woudn't need a left.

Carrol