[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland's imminent implosion and the wider effects

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Sat Nov 5 19:18:57 PDT 2011

I frankly haven't seen any credible evidence that the actions during the day led to anyone getting 'their head cracked open.' Maybe that evidence exists, but I certainly haven't seen it. The big police response was to a very focused building occupation, not the events of the day.

Additionally, there seem to be a lot of claims about the nature of the general strike that bear no resemblance to the general assembly's call, which emphasizes multiplicity and autonomous actions. And as Boots has pointed out, it translated in to a fairly remarkable success.

robert wood