[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland's imminent implosion and the wider effects

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 20:30:22 PDT 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 3:44 AM, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

You want a fascist counterrevolution aimed at restoring order?

If our country ever reaches a point at which that is a meaningful threat, we will be 10,000 miles ahead of our current position. And I envision no possible way to achieve meaningful political change without it becoming a meaningful threat. This has nothing to do with distracting political squabbles over breaking windows or looting - the bourgeoisie will not roll over and sacrifice power easily under any conceivable circumstances, ever.

There are very few times when I'm sure I'm right. But I would stake my life, my honor, and whatever else you care to wager on the last sentence of my last paragraph.