[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland's imminent implosion and the wider effects

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Nov 5 19:44:07 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Catron" <jncatron at gmail.com>

"If the sporadic breaking of windows at protests ever leads to widespread looting, that is the point at which I will be unequivocally, absolutely, and unapologetically in support of it. I'll even go so far as to withdraw and apologize profusely for any tactical reservations I might have ever voiced over it."

I will once again quote my father's wise words as he was driving me around the Watts riots: "You see darling, they're looting and running. This is how you can tell a riot from a revolution: in a riot, people steal TVs; in a revolution, they take over the TV and radio and police stations."

You want a fascist counterrevolution aimed at restoring order? Cause that's what cheering for looting will get you.

Joanna