[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland's imminent implosion and the wider effects

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 19:31:14 PDT 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Bhaskar Sunkara <bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com>wrote:

I don't see what happened in Oakland as a disaster. Nor
> do I think these Black Bloc tactics will spark "widespread looting" in the
> city. If it did it might be vindication for the anarchists.

If the sporadic breaking of windows at protests ever leads to widespread looting, that is the point at which I will be unequivocally, absolutely, and unapologetically in support of it. I'll even go so far as to withdraw and apologize profusely for any tactical reservations I might have ever voiced over it.