[lbo-talk] Occupy-Detroit

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 08:26:37 PST 2011

Adrianne Bryant Hey 99% we’ve got the banks attention now make the retailers that drove manufacturing away from the US, causes it’s employees to need government assistance while receiving race to bottom wages and turns a blind eye to the discrimination of workers’ rights because of their gender. Don’t give a dime of your money to the GREED DRUNK WALMART . WE ARE THE 99% and we are tired of being sold out.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-Detroit/218543061540751?sk=wall&filter=1

ccupy Detroit Like Located at Grand Circus Park Historic District · Community Page about Occupy Together · Detroit, Michigan You and Occupy Detroit

3 friends like this.

See All Recommendations (1)

Dorian KellyToday at Two O'clock Labor & Movement

Occupy Detroit · Everyone (Most Recent) Wall

Occupy Detroit shared a link.

Bank Backlash: 'Move Your Money Day'

wildfire.gigya.com

ABCNEWS.COM - Customers plan to move their money in protest of new banking fees.

Like · · Share · 12 hours ago ·

45 people like this.

25 shares

Alison Rae Harper Polidano Opened mine today!

3 hours ago · Like · 1

Paul Przymus Switched to Community Choice Federal Credit Union, they earn your business unlike the big chains I've had for 30years ;(

about an hour ago · Like

Write a comment...

Occupy Detroit

<----- Don't forget this large event tomorrow! The plan (as was just shared at today's GA) is to have many occupiers AT CAMP already, so the union folks will march from Hart Plaza to join us there to show support. Thanks!

March and Rally: Labor Solidarity with Occupy Detroit ***2pm-4pm

Sunday, November 6 at 12:00am

Unlike · · Share · 15 hours ago ·

You and 38 others like this.

13 shares

Marco Milano Price Controls On Consumable Goods. Next Step..

10 hours ago · Like · 1

Mary Sue Wyss Big Business Tax isn't proportional but they give significant contributions to cammpaign funding - it's a loop hole way of paying off politicians and keeping them in their pocket. Cut the campaign donations and get rid of the corruption.

2 hours ago · Like

Write a comment...

Occupy Detroit added a new photo.

Wall Photos

Like · · Share · 20 hours ago ·

25 people like this.

1 share

Chaz Mercer I may have to come home for this, can I camp out too?

9 hours ago · Like

Occupy Detroit Yes anyone willing to camp may be accommodated, to do so please inquire more info , at the info tent , or the comfort tent.

9 hours ago · Like

Write a comment...

Occupy Detroit

We are all Scott Olsen

We are all Scott Olsen

We are all Scott Olsen Occupy Detroit holds a teach-in on police brutality then marches through Greektown to Hart Plaza to hold a vigil for Scott Olsen. Video/voice over:Erik Shelley Music" "Turtleback song" Satchel Jones From: OccupyDetroit Views: 0 0 ratings Time: 03:25 More in Nonprofits & Activism...

Source: YouTube by OccupyDetroit

Published: 2011-11-04 08:12:02 GMT

Unlike · · Share · Friday at 4:57am via RSS Graffiti

You and 41 others like this.

Ron Rolfe

I grew up in westland, I don't live there now... Westland though is kinda like a central location with alot of low to moderate incomes... So one would have to assume that westland might be a good city for a movement!! Honestly though, this...See More

9 hours ago · Like

Write a comment...

RECENT ACTIVITY

Occupy Detroit changed their Location.

Occupy Detroit changed their Website.

Occupy Detroit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSJ1lMXWuK8

11-1-11 March on DTE: Stop the Shutoffs!

www.youtube.com

Our Neighborhoods need: Clean, Affordable Energy now! Make Energy Shutoffs Illegal! Stop Dirty Coal Pollution with Clean Energy Solutions! Promote Green Ener...

Like · · Share · Friday at 12:50am ·

52 people like this.

20 shares

Jerry Ruelle If I'm not mistaken, you guys in Westland get paid for your recyclables. Aren't they called RecycleBank Points?

16 hours ago · Like

Denise Gianetti-Consiglio

Jerry,I understand that there are alot of radical and sometimes even ridiculous posts on this site but what truly puzzles me is if you don't agree with this movement why do you come on here?Are you bored?,hoping to cfhange someones views?or...See More

9 hours ago · Like · 1

Write a comment...

Occupy Detroit

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196200113787889

Occupy Detroit's Free University: Open forum

Saturday, November 5 at 2:30pm, Central United Methodist Church

Like · · Share · Thursday at 7:56pm ·

10 people like this.

2 shares

Jerry Ruelle

Dennis, they are using small kids as human shield now. The DC protest got 3 protestors run over and no charges will be files against the driver. Now those that were hurt, will have to pay hospital bills. Isn't THAT special. ... SMH.. Jump ...See More

18 hours ago · Like

Allan Ranusch

Shiva, a dignified focused protest at the debate would be a good idea, but not an attempt to prevent it from taking place or attempting to drown it out. Even jerks like the Republican presidential candidates still have first amendment righ...See More

11 hours ago · Like

Write a comment...

Occupy Detroit

‎11-2-11 Occupy Detroit Solidarity March with Occupy Oakland

11-2-11 Occupy Detroit Solidarity March with Occupy Oakland

Source: Occupy-Detroit.us website

Published: 2011-11-03 23:20:42 GMT

Like · · Share · Thursday at 7:24pm via RSS Graffiti

5 people like this.

Shiva Annamalai can we see if we can get a protest at the next Republican Debate at Oakland University on the Ninth 9th going? I would love to help. I think it is up to us to express our disatisfaction at the upcoming debate, because it is in our state. I'm sure if it was in NY, Occupy wall street would desend upon the debate and stop it. so why not us???

Friday at 8:59am · Like

Allan Ranusch Stopping the debate is a horrible idea. Giving a dignified, focused protest to serve as a counterpoint to the twisted values of the candidates however would be a very good idea.

11 hours ago · Like

Write a comment...

Occupy Detroit

Upcoming Events Nov. 4-6

Upcoming Events Nov. 4-6

Rally for Green JobsWHERE: Old Ford Highland Park Plant Woodward and Sears, Highland ParkWHEN: Friday, Nov. 4, 5p.m. to 6p.m.Occupy Detroit’s Free University: An Open Forum on Confronting the Political-Economic CrisisWHERE: Central United Methodist Church 4th FloorWHEN: Saturday, Nov. 5, 2:30p.m. to 4:00p.m. Labor in Solidarity with Occupy DetroitWHERE: Rally at Hart Plaza, march to Grand Circus ParkWHEN: Sunday, Nov....

Source: Occupy-Detroit.us website

Published: 2011-11-03 23:05:31 GMT

Like · · Share · Thursday at 7:24pm via RSS Graffiti

6 people like this.

Write a comment...

Occupy Detroit created an event.

Occupy Detroit General Assembly

Yesterday at 12:00pm

Grand Circus Park Historic District

Like · · Share · Thursday at 5:06pm

8 people like this.

Occupy Detroit Please share this event from your profile and into groups.

Thursday at 5:10pm · Like

Shiva Annamalai can we see if we can get a protest at the next Republican Debate at Oakland University on the Ninth 9th going? I would love to help. I think it is up to us to express our disatisfaction at the upcoming debate, because it is in our state. I'm sure if it was in NY, Occupy wall street would desend upon the debate and stop it. so why not us???

Friday at 8:59am · Like

Write a comment...

Occupy Detroit

Please excuse the flood of information. We're updating this page with three weeks' worth of videos, posts, and photos!

Unlike · · Share · Thursday at 4:13pm ·

You and 38 others like this.

Occupy Detroit OooOooh awesome!!

Thursday at 8:05pm · Like