[lbo-talk] On vandalism and violence

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sun Nov 6 18:44:07 PST 2011

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 19:41:17 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> I'm not opposed to violence, but ...
> No one's actually explained how it might
> help at this stage

Questions like this give me serious brain-freeze.

No one has 'explained' how X might 'help' Y? How on earth is anybody supposed to do that? And if we had to wait for these persuasive explanations, how could we ever fall in love, or change our politics, or cross the street, for that matter?

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"I think the American people want a solemn ass as a President, and I think I will go along with them."

-- Barack Obama

(Okay, okay, it was really Calvin Coolidge.)