[lbo-talk] On vandalism and violence

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 7 07:54:25 PST 2011

On Nov 7, 2011, at 10:44 AM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> Sometimes, when one is dealing with the kinds of comments from the peanut
> gallery that fill this thread, witticisms are the only appropriate
> response. The proper rejoinder to an ill-informed opinion is neither
> silence nor another ill-informed opinion.

That's funny, if not a witticism. But I asked you what smashing windows in this context, or even the context of Seattle 1999, accomplished. You said that was a good question, and then didn't really answer it. It would be nice to hear an answer from the window-smashing crowd, even if it's just a quotation of Nick Lowe.

Doug