[lbo-talk] On vandalism and violence

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 7 08:22:43 PST 2011

On Nov 7, 2011, at 11:15 AM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>
> But I asked you what smashing windows in this context, or even the context
>> of Seattle 1999, accomplished. You said that was a good question, and then
>> didn't really answer it. It would be nice to hear an answer from the
>> window-smashing crowd, even if it's just a quotation of Nick Lowe.
>>

> Well, go and ask them. This is a nice list, but as much as some of us enjoy
> spouting our opinions here, nobody's obligated to spend their time doing
> it. If a question is posed on the list, and nobody on the list responds,
> it's probably because none of us are appropriately positioned to answer it.
> (Not that such considerations always stop us, of course.)

No one is obliged to answer, but you took the trouble to say it was a good question. And then didn't answer.

It's hard not to conclude that the real answer is "because it feels good," but no one wants to say that out loud.

I am looking forward to Lou Proyect's analysis of the BB, which he just told me he's working on.

Doug