[lbo-talk] Occupy Detroit salutes veterans

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 12:32:21 PST 2011

Occupy Detroit ‎11-5-11 Veterans' Day Parade 11-5-11 Veterans' Day Parade 11-5-11 Veterans' Day Parade The annual Veterans' Day Parade came down Woodward Avenue and circled Grand The Occupiers have learned from the experience of the 60's. No anti-war signs displayed by OWS in Detroit at this Veterans parade.

Charles

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-Detroit/218543061540751?sk=wall&filter=2

Circus Park. Occupy Detroit was there to welcome them and thank them for their service. From: OccupyDetroit Views: 1 0 ratings Time: 00:48 More in Nonprofits & Activism... Source: YouTube by OccupyDetroit Published: 2011-11-06 14:26:18 GMT Like · · Share · Yesterday at 2:31pm via RSS Graffiti

14 people like this.

Jerry Van de Vyver ( facebook picture is in Navy uniform)

While I may not agree 100% with everything that Occupy Detroit is promoting, I was moved by the large "Thank-You" banner that was stretched across Woodward and all of the proud Americans living in Grand Circus Park that were waving American flags and honoring our veterans. I personally appreciated the sincerity of those in attendance and thank-you for taking the time to recognize our service men and women; including many of the homeless veterans of the city