[lbo-talk] (no subject)

Nicholas Roberts nicholas at themediasociety.org
Mon Nov 7 13:12:44 PST 2011

> > from the Southern Poverty Law Center, an article on the Bay Area National
> > Anarchist's. I am not saying that's the entire story, but these
> > crypto-fascists are out there and want race war. A "Black Bloc" wreaking
> > havoc in downtown Oakland is a perfect place to start one.
>
> What the fuck are you playing at? No one except you has intimated that
> BANA was involved in what went on in Oakland. This post is attempt to
> smear anarchists by associating them with overt racists. You're an
> asshole.

thanks for the feedback, I am not playing at anything, its transparent, I've said it on site in meetings and online, I am not intimating, I am direct

I have no idea if BANA where there and I never said they where, I pointed out the obvious, that a huge demo, and especially the so-called Black Bloc is a perfect place for them

I've provided historical support for it, by reputable and event anarchist sources; Genoa G8, the recent history of the climate movement in the UK, agent provocateurs on camera in Canada etc etc... not just speculative sources, verified, leftist sources, even Black Bloc themselves

Police, mercenary, fascist, vigitilantism and far right infiltration and provocation is very real, and the Black Bloc is the perfect environment for it

I am not really enjoying this, but, frankly, I think the "anarchists", the "Black Bloc" need to be a hell of lot more careful and I keep getting feedback - from you - and from others, that whenever militant anarchist tactics are even questioned, let alone attempted to be restrained, they get direct threats of physical violence, or intimidation or bullying or verbal abuse.

You can't intimidate, threaten or dismiss the reality of the fact that property damage is generally considered to be counter-productive if not basically wrong

you might not like it, but in the real world, there are fascists dressed as anarchists, and some of them like BANA are actively living a monstrous hybrid life..

so was BANA there? lets face it, no-one except them knows, and you can't guarantee they weren't. Personally, I'd be really suprised if they were not there looking to create trouble on the fringes.

I wish it wasn't so, that the romantic notion of street-fighting anti-fascism militancy had a place in this. But it doesn't. Its widely recognized as a liability and a danger.

Ask yourself this. After the night that Scott Olsen went down, the next day you had thousands rally in support. After the Black Bloc bullshit Wednesday night, where was the mass rally of support? It didn't happen. They where isolated, marginalized, largely scorned and faced enormous negative feedback

in the context of OO, the Black Bloc will destroy the wider coalition, evict the camp, bring a further worsening of the situation for the marginalized

Black Bloc is a Trojan Horse for reactionaries, criminals, fools - its a historical fact worldwide

and I am an arsehole? I'd say the fuckwits who smashed shit up and created a space for violent and dangerous entryism to thrive deserve worse names

you can't intimidate people into believing in this piece of anarchist sub-cultural dogma, and you might want to turn the OO site into a militant squat, but there is much larger coalition that want it to be a democratic space