[lbo-talk] internal threats

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed Nov 9 07:22:16 PST 2011

On Nov 9, 2011, at 9:19 AM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> I've never really liked the phrase because of its vagueness, and also
> because I don't think anything can be a "tactic" unless it's attached to a
> strategy, a necessary step that formulation skips entirely.

I see heavy usage of this word, “strategy”, here on this list. It’s a word I typically associate with managerial types (hence my earlier wisecrack) who, unlike GHW, believe in the “vision thing”; so the heavy use here creates cognitive dissonance! To repeat CB’s question, what is meant by “strategy”? Can someone offer some good examples?

—ravi

P.S: the word is also very popular with military types and militaristic politicians: “strategic presence”, etc. That’s how we explain our military presence in every corner of the world.