[lbo-talk] Meanwhile in the realm of plain vanilla politics

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:31:19 PST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 12:15, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sean: "Ha! That shows they are actually smart voters. This is the worst
> bargain
> he struck in that deal. If they'd voted down his non-existent public
> option there'd be something to talk about. It is a strike against him as a
> pro-corporate stooge. He should take note."
>
> [WS:] I am not sure. It could be just a knee jerk reaction against
> the 'gummint telling me what to do", no?

Yes. But when the government says you have to pay overpriced premiums to a bloated for-profit corporate oligopoly for questionable care it sounds like a relatively healthy reaction. Still you're right. I guess it's more evidence (for me anyway) that the media doesn't know the difference between right and left, just the politics of the horse race--speaks to Peter Frase's nice distinction between the political and the partisan.

http://jacobinmag.com/blog/?p=1926