[lbo-talk] BB: fuck shit up, then leave

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Nov 9 17:18:05 PST 2011

Boots Riley: "tactical planning of the march to the Port was not "non-violent", as we fully planned to break the police line if they blocked us." http://twitter.com/#!/BootsRiley/status/134092827234807808

He also mentions in a tweet that the GAs are getting bigger. here's an interesting account from a medic who supports escalating conflict with the police. In it, she says that she was happy to see 200 black bloc'rs marching on the police to protect the Traveler's Aid Building. What she objected to is that they left the TAS Building and didn't move to protect the camp. At that point, police started pushing people into the camp and many people thought they were going to move in on it. She says they should have continued the fight at the camp to protect the people there.

The engagement with the cops, according to live feeds from newspapers, indicates that the "street fight" went on for an hour at the TAS Building: http://www.mercurynews.com/occupy-oakland/ci_19255461

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2011/11/04/18697383.php?show_comments=1#18697392

Also, on my blog I posted a video of the battles that went on among members of the black bloc taking the TAS building. There was a dispute over 1. whether there should be a dance party; 2. whether there should be tagging of the building; and 3. putting the fires out which, by the accounts I'd read, were either started as a barricade or as a way to disperse tear gas.

Here is video of the sizzlean kettling the encampment. Scum! http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=eCMi0jMn3dE

I can see why they thought it might be a good idea to take over the TAS building, hoping that the cops would be chastened. They were wrong. What it looks like is that the cops simply let a totally illegal march take place ignoring the attempt to escalte with the general strike, with violence against banks, etc. and then lure them into thinking taking the building would be no big deal. You can find video of the cops marching in, droves of them dropped off in buses and vans.

The cops would have to be stupid asses to think that there wouldn't be any broken windows. Obviously, they intended to let it happen and only move in the big guns that night.

Here's an interesting piece speculating as to why the cops might have done this: http://bradhicks.livejournal.com/451933.html