[lbo-talk] Penn State

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Nov 10 14:44:29 PST 2011

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 23:14:09 +0100 Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Paterno immediately turned the matter over to Athletic
> Director Tim Curley, and, for reasons I don't understand, Gary Schultz, the
> senior vice-president of finance and business.

'Cuz the campus porkers report to him, or so I understand.

> Pennsylvania state law
> requires Curley, Schultz and Paterno to have reported the charges to the
> police.

Personally, I'm not happy with *any* requirement to report *anything* to the police. No matter how awful.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"I think the American people want a solemn ass as a President, and I think I will go along with them."

-- Barack Obama

(Okay, okay, it was really Calvin Coolidge.)