[lbo-talk] Penn State

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Nov 11 08:14:35 PST 2011

Shane Mage writes:

> Ravi's and Joanna's statements are generalizations, and I have
> no reason to believe that any of them is wrong as a general
> proposition. But neither do I have any reason to believe that
> any of them fit some particular case about which I, and everybody
> else, have no information except a barrage of media verbiage.

Like I said yesterday: you can read the Grand Jury report. Did you? I bet you didn't.

> But of one thing I'm absolutely sure: all the traumatization
> supposedly suffered by Mr. Sandusky's partners doesn't add up
> to a small fraction of the trauma suffered by every single child
> torn from its parents by Obama's deportation campaign.

Was that a left turn you just took at Albuquerque?

By all means: make a list of crimes you find worse than these, but at least own up to the fact that as of yesterday you were saying no such crime existed in this case. That you continue to (above) state that the only info you have about the case is from the (admittedly shrill) media means you really don't have a dog in this race.

You started by saying that whatever it was, it wasn't rape.

Still saying that?

/jordan