[lbo-talk] Penn State

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Nov 11 08:55:40 PST 2011

On Nov 11, 2011, at 11:06 AM, Shane Mage wrote:
> Ravi's and Joanna's statements are generalizations, and I have no reason to believe that any of them is wrong as a general proposition. But neither do I have any reason to believe that any of them fit some particular case about which I, and everybody else, have no information except a barrage of media verbiage.

But we do have some data that fits the general propositions to this particular case: the facts (as noted in the links Jordan provided) that there was sex between the young boys and Sandusky. And that these boys were part of a group for troubled children (recalling from memory, here) that Sandusky led or contributed to, creating a particular relationship between him and the children.

> But of one thing I'm absolutely sure: all the traumatization supposedly suffered by Mr. Sandusky's partners doesn't add up to a small fraction of the trauma suffered by every single child torn from its parents by Obama's deportation campaign. Whatever punishment is administered to Sandusky should by multiplied in severity ten thousand times and administered to everybody involved in ICE from Obama down.

But nobody disagrees on the terrible fate of many immigrants at the hands of the system.

—ravi