[lbo-talk] Grand Juries

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 14:28:15 PST 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 10:57 PM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

So would you prefer the prosecutor alone decide whether there is
> enough evidence to file charges?

Why not? Is there some argument that grand juries actually protect defendants against baseless indictments? Given the prevailing "ham sandwich" wisdom, along with grand juries' abilities to force testimony, I'd be just as happy to chuck 'em into the wastebin of history. If someone can show that the prevailing wisdom is wrong, I might change my mind.