[lbo-talk] Leftist Italian Economist on How The Italian & European Left Was Destroyed

Nicholas Roberts nicholas at themediasociety.org
Sun Nov 13 18:57:54 PST 2011

managed to restrain my rant enough to ask a cogent question of an Italian leftist economist on the Sunday morning show on KPFA

and yes, I am right, the Berlusconi's Mousetrap is right, Nick Davies of the Guardian is right

Black Bloc style street fighting, property damage and general political violence was used as a "valid excuse" in 2001 to smash the left on an institutional and a personal level for hundreds of thousands of activists

******************** as an extra, the interviewee mentions that the same dynamic of street violence and state and police reaction has demobolized and de-radicalized the young leftists in the last 2 years

listen to start my question on Berlusconi being "center right" and the Genoa Social Forum, the Italian & European left where smashed at the G8 in July 2001 1 hour, 43 minutes in http://archives.kpfa.org/data/20111113-Sun0900.mp3 http://www.kpfa.org/archive/id/75108

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4217629.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4229777.stm