[lbo-talk] Doug Henwood declines offer to speak at Platypus panel

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:12:52 PST 2011

Angelus Novus wrote:

Someone left this comment on Doug's blog...

I write:

Shrewd analysis from "cian" and "negative potential" both.

The only problem with marginalizing Platypus by refusing to play ball with them, is that once they disappear, we'll no longer be able to perversely enjoy their lame contrarian iconoclasm. I mean, from a sociological point of view, I like having Frank Furedi sorts on the scene to keep things from getting too monochromatic. It's only when they come armed with large gangs of rabid YouTube commenters that the real drawbacks begin to surface.