[lbo-talk] despite all the gleeful obituaries...

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Nov 17 20:18:01 PST 2011

On Nov 17, 2011, at 11:57 AM, c b wrote:
> Second, I'm going to slap the next person who comes out with the pat
> line, "They don't have a message! They need a message! They're nothing
> without a message!" Um, cluebag, they are the message.

I think this is not entirely right, and I am afraid this will restart the discussion about “prefigurement”. I think rather that anyone who doesn’t get the message at this point can be safely dismissed with the standard response of Harley riders: if you have to ask, you won’t get it. But perhaps a modified version: if you have to ask, you don’t *want* to get it.

—ravi