[lbo-talk] despite all the gleeful obituaries...

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Nov 18 04:19:22 PST 2011

<> On Nov 17, 2011, at 11:57 AM, c b wrote: <>> Second, I'm going to slap the next person who comes out with the pat <>> line, "They don't have a message! They need a message! They're <>> nothing <>> without a message!" Um, cluebag, they are the message. <> <> <> I think this is not entirely right, and I am afraid this will restart <> the discussion about “prefigurement”. I think rather that anyone who <> doesn’t get the message at this point can be safely dismissed with the <> standard response of Harley riders: if you have to ask, you won’t get <> it. But perhaps a modified version: if you have to ask, you don’t <> *want* to get it. <> <> —ravi

In terms of the commune, I think that demand is clear: join us.

But perhaps, for those who reject communization as strategy, perhaps the conversation to have is, if not communization, then what's the strategy? which, I think, requires asking a much more fundamental question: what is the end goal?

It's on my mind be/c, in business, it's that time of year. They've all been busily crafty Strategy 2012. We got ours the other day, complete with a statement of the situation in which find ourselves, where we're supposed to go, and how to get there.

Maybe it's time to rewrite the Manifesto?