[lbo-talk] People's libraries

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 04:02:22 PST 2011

Shag: "There's not one person I work with who gives two shits about Occupy. Most of the more "progressive" folks I know don't even give one shit."

[WS:] Same here. A few union folk I know are mildly sympathetic but the rest - old or young - do not give a flying fuck. As one person described her lack of interest - "sleeping on the McPherson square is pretty dumb and does not do anything, it does not bring good health care, or education or social services." When I pointed out that it brings people of different orientations together she replied that she does not care about that, and many of those voices she disagrees with.

She wanted intelligent articulation of specific demands and people speaking in one voice about them.

Just reporting "vox populi".

Wojtek