[lbo-talk] A Note on the Middle 75%

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 18 17:55:31 PST 2011

For years until I lost my eyesight I read every page of two publications: Prison Legal News and Left Business Observer. Had I eyes I would still be reading both.

The prison system has the same corrupting influence on U.S. life that the Vietnam War and Jim Crow had. You simply cannot seriously oppose capitalism without calling for the elimination of U.S. prisons.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Michael Smith Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 7:40 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] A Note on the Middle 75%

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:58:44 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> "Snide" is funny coming from you. But that aside,
> you just seem to be repeating my call for more

To the snide I am snide; one adapts one's style to one's interlocutor. But I have a lot of respect for Carrol, who is never snide though sometimes prickly, and so I am not snide with him.

Like you, I would like to hear more. But I plead not guilty to the charge of repetition, m'Lud.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com