[lbo-talk] A Note on the Middle 75%

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 18 21:10:14 PST 2011

At 07:39 PM 11/18/2011, Doug Henwood wrote:

>This is what I don't get. Mass imprisonment is one of the horrors of
>U.S. life. But elimination? Really? In this world, before the afterlife?

Let's agree that Charles Manson should always and forever be out of circulation. But "what do we do with the Mansons?" and "what do we do about prisons?" are two different questions.

One thing prison abolitionists are trying to emphasize is that prison (and earlier juvenile hall) can help create Mansons.