[lbo-talk] A Note on the Middle 75%

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Nov 20 06:58:17 PST 2011

Fernando Cassia

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 14:25, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> For Marxists there is of course a contradiction here.

I doubt must of the people at Occupy want Marxism. Or even Revolution.

C: Of course not. How is this relevant to the price of eggs in Tokyo. Are you possessed by the fantasy that a Revolution must be carried out by revolutionaries? That's absurd.

FC: Heck, a good dose of Keynesianism, restoring the welfare state (if there was ever one in the US of A) and ending the rule of Reaganomics would be enough to improve the quality of life of most people now sitting at Occupy*.

C: Pure electoral fantasy. S-D is dead as the "Leninist" Party. You can't really believe, can you, that an overwhelming proportion of the people (require for change through legislation) will even listen to someone spin out Keynesian theory!

Did you even notice what I said the contradiction was, and why it was only a nominal one for Marxists (on the assumption that Marxists do not see Capitalism as evil.) There is no foundation for moral judgment but it is moral judgment (indignation) that brings masses to the streets.

Carrol