[lbo-talk] OWS organizing / process

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue Nov 22 05:23:55 PST 2011

Lisa Fithian, a long-time activist, articulates the principles of organizing she and colleagues have been workshopping at OWS. She also talks about how consensus decision-making works when done right. Francesca Polleta covers this in her book, Freedom is an Endless Meeting.

http://youtu.be/DmWH0tYnxHk

BTW, Carrol, when I said that the demand of the commune is "join us," that is meant literally, where joining doesn't involve sitting at home empathisizing and speaking as 'we,'. Rather, joining requires active participation. Do you think we can delineate different kinds of joining? Will it always require active participation? If not, what would be the role of people who've 'joined' but aren't involved? Is that possible?

shag