[lbo-talk] the soc mov'ts class outline

Ferenc Molnar ferenc_molnar at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 09:53:38 PST 2011

The reverse chronology is a very good idea. I'd put the "Moral Majority" closer towards the end/beginning since it began earlier and has influenced many of the other movements (some of the Seattle era direct action techniques were directly copied from anti-abortion blockades of clinics - I don't have a citation on that unfortunately). Also, in terms of student social movements, the anti-apartheid movement of the 80's was important. I'm curious what "The Politics of Post-Identity" means in the queer context; Judith Butler's critique of "Homo-nationalism", etc.?

fm