[lbo-talk] Questions from before the Global Minotaur...

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Tue Nov 22 11:56:38 PST 2011

Warhol had a big influence and so did the minimualists on other artists, including me. I got my MA partly by doing photosilkscreen of posturized photos. Now it is a completely trivial technique, since it is incorporated in Photoshop. Back in yore you used a special infrared sensitive film, or a high speed film. You developed the film pulling it out and fixing watching the black white grain. Then you handed the negative over to a silkscreen shop and gave them some fancy art paper to use.

I shot the photos. My mother-in-law helped select the film and did the developing. I selected the ones to print 8 x 12. She had done night field photography of fruit bats in Costa Rica.

I don't mind hearing about Warhol. But give me some explanation or description of what the fan club likes and thinks about Warhol.

CG

CG