[lbo-talk] Questions from before the Global Minotaur...

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Nov 24 10:57:04 PST 2011

> Jordan: "Wojtek just wants to see pretty pictures"
>
> [WS:] Why is it bad?

It's not bad, it's just not a useful topic of conversation. You don't want to talk about art, you want to talk about your own aesthetic taste. I have nothing of substance to say on the subject, just as you have nothing of substance to say about my aesthetic interests.

> Yesterday you criticized me by alleging that I
> look for more than just pretty pictures.

I certainly didn't mean to do that. Like what you will, I don't care one way or another. But don't pass your personal aesthetics off as a discussion of art.

Here's what I learned about your taste:

- You don't want to discuss politics in art (I'll get my politics elsewhere")

- You give some credence to "craft" (I bet you say things like "My 3yr old monkey could paint that")

- You think the market has spoiled it

Whatevs, dude. Have fun at the Great Museums.

/jordan