[lbo-talk] Alice Walker's about to get hammered by Zionists

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 15:30:47 PST 2011

Count on it:

"I am a big supporter of BDS. I frankly think that it is the best, absolutely the best way, because the Israeli government and people really love commerce and making money and so anything that interferes with that will get their attention at least."

http://www.middleeastmonitor.org.uk/resources/interviews/3104-alice-walker-qgoing-through-israeli-checkpoints-is-like-going-back-in-time-to-american-civil-rights-struggleq

And after her equally boneheaded comments about Hamas ("[W]e will never see those people. Why would we see them?") while preparing for the second Freedom Flotilla in June ( http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/06/23/interview_alice_walker), I'll be hard-pressed not to find the whole thing pretty funny.