[lbo-talk] California rail project

michael perelman michael.perelman3 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 15:37:52 PST 2011

Jordan raises some excellent points. Yes, 25 years ago, the state could have easily built it, although the technology was not as advanced then. Jordan's notion of "cunning" is clever, but I am not sure that the sunk costs on the initial stretch will be sufficient to to force completion.

The idea of using existing connections could work, but it would make more sense if BART or Caltrans could ensure connections with short wait time.