[lbo-talk] Prepare for riots in euro collapse, Foreign Office warns

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Tue Nov 29 12:41:25 PST 2011

Who, and please be specific, is making the apocalypse-produces-healthy-revolution argument? Doug? Carroll? Shag? Me? Dennis? Ferenc? Carl? Joanna? Chuck? John G? SA? Jordan? Alan Rudy

What's my current argument? I've watch Egypt and we still don't know yet. It's first phase defaulted to military dictatorship, but a very shaky one. All the revolt has re-cohered into a re-doubling effort to get out from under a shadow elite class. In effect the Egyptians are trying to unmask one mask after another. The unmasking will probably end with an Egyptian military-capitalist-elite with international ties to other Middle Easter elite and those in Europe and the US.

I am not sure it is a healthy revolution, but it sure is a massive rebellion against that elite who are ever increasing their ties to military systems around the world. It seems to be setting the stage for a fascism imposed on the masses, or a kind of total revolution against such measures. I mean it seems to be getting down to a frighten petite bourgeoisie who may or may not side with the militarized elites. As shop owners and small businesses fail, as wanna be professionals see their careers evaporate, it seems to me they will join the more moderate ranks on the left, than the tea party crazies of the paid for in advance right.

We are locked in a related but much less articulate battle. I watched today on DN a young guy stand up and yell at the crowd of OWS he just received a notice from the student loan people (Sally Mae?) telling him to start paying 900/mo or futher measures would be taken. He burned the notice for the pleasure of the crowd.

Egypt seems to be working like a telephoto lens that clearifies a plane in the distance of what forces we are coming up against, like a cavalry charge heading across the open field of battle.

I sure never thought I would see this day. Since millions are now battling it out with the forces of fascism, the police, military and their elite, wow.

``I really do not understand the tendency on the left to hope that an economic crisis will bring capitalism down and start a revo.'' (Wojtek)

And yet that seems to be precisely what we are seeing. Of coures I have hope. But I've never seen so many people so economically and politically desparate to fight. How to say this? It's not my hopes or possible delusions that are in question. It is what I see before my very eyes.

CG