[lbo-talk] Prepare for riots in euro collapse, Foreign Office warns

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 15:08:49 PST 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Chuck Grimes <c123grimes at att.net> wrote:

> I sure never thought I would see this day. Since millions are now battling
> it out with the forces of fascism, the police, military and their elite,
> wow.

And not just battling, but winning victories. The people of Egypt, so often consigned by Orientalism to the past, are now liberating our capacity to imagine a better future. It's beyond electrifying, it's the kind of nano-sublime I've felt only in the greatest moments of the greatest videogame franchises (which are all, without exception, ferocious critics of neoliberalism).

One side-note: one of the most intriguing effects of the Arab Spring has been to radicalize the other semi-peripheries. Very notable in Russia, where Bearzilla is powering up Eurasian integration, but also visible in India's social movements and China's independent labor movement.

-- DRR