[lbo-talk] Prepare for riots in euro collapse, Foreign Office warns

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 11:00:04 PST 2011

Well, I do do that sometimes. But I don't see how I did that in the post below where I was just hypothesizing about causes for current behavior.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- I wish Joanna could see how "Capitalists are bad" sneaks into so many o f her posts, and how that moral rage, even when only a flavor, distorts perception. The point is to build a movement against capitalism, not to win rhetorical victories over capitalists.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Doug Henwood Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:07 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Prepare for riots in euro collapse, Foreign Office warns

On Nov 29, 2011, at 11:27 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:

> 1. Because you can shift your export maket elsewhere?

Capitalists don't think that way. They don't want substitutes - they want more more more.

> 2. Because so long as they keep paying interest, why would you care?

Because they can't keep paying interest in a deflationary depression.

> 3. Because at the end of it all you can buy the country for cheap?

What's to buy? That's part of Greece's problem. There's a phone company and the Parthenon, but are they worth taking down the entire region?