[lbo-talk] looks like end of Occupy Los Angeles

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:00:55 PST 2011

Fernando: "I mean, the whole movement was a symbolic gesture, right?. Either that, or the purpose was to stay, in which case, they lost

^^^^^ CB: I'm pretty sure they said from the beginning that it was not a permanent occupation of that park. They announced early on a plan to end in December.

Also, there never was an actual occupation of the inside of the Stock Exchange or whatever. Of course it was symbolic. Thousands of new Left cadre have been formed. Many are very dedicated. Many new interconnection among the Left have been made.

I went to a GA at Occupy Detroit last night. Occupy Detroit is definitely not over. We have an office donated for free for six months or a year. The Occupiers are all joined to the existing Detroit Left.

The Beginning is over, maybe. I am certain that the group in NYC will figure out a brilliant way to "announce" to the world that they are still together in six months.