[lbo-talk] Fwd: “Revolutionary Pacifism: Choices and Prospects”

Nicholas Roberts nicholas at themediasociety.org
Wed Nov 30 12:54:57 PST 2011

*Noam Chomsky: can revolutionary pacificism deliver peace?* Massachusetts Institute of Technology Professor Noam Chomsky has been awarded this year’s Sydney Peace Prize, Australia’s only international peace prize. This is a full transcript of Professor Chomsky’s City of Sydney Peace Prize Lecture, “Revolutionary Pacifism: Choices and Prospects”, reproduced with…

Noam Chomsky

Our goal is to ensure the content is not compromised in any way. We therefore ask all authors to disclose any potential conflicts of interest before publication.

Noam Chomsky has been awarded the Sydney Peace Prize. Flickr/Ben Rusk Massachusetts Institute of Technology Professor Noam Chomsky has been awarded this year’s Sydney Peace Prize, Australia’s only international peace prize.

This is a full transcript of Professor Chomsky’s City of Sydney Peace Prize Lecture, “Revolutionary Pacifism: Choices and Prospects”, reproduced with permission from the Sydney Peace Foundation.

As we all know, the United Nations was founded “to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war.” The words can only elicit deep regret when we consider how we have acted to fulfill that aspiration, though there have been a few significant successes, notably in Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6wOCeDcFM http://play.sydneyoperahouse.com/index.php/media/1502-Noam-Chomsky-Problems-Knowledge-Freedom.html http://www.sydneypeacefoundation.org.au/ http://theconversation.edu.au/noam-chomsky-can-revolutionary-pacificism-deliver-peace-4150

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWvf4sEZ_ls&feature=related

http://books.google.com/books?id=Yox0netoZrYC&pg=PA11&lpg=PA11&dq=muste+pacifica&source=bl&ots=PY5Tt5YyFF&sig=cX9fjlCYHKXFpMRbyyhdrAUDIhI&hl=en&ei=tJTWTq6zDZLSiALElKnADA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=muste%20pacifica&f=false