[lbo-talk] On Chomsky's remark about Israeli society

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Oct 1 05:35:15 PDT 2011

On 10/1/2011 5:30 AM, Joseph Catron wrote: But that's not really our goal in the same way the rights themselves are. If someone ***advocates*** two states along with Palestinian rights, as several Palestinian parties do, why quibble? But if they ***advocate*** two states as some kind of defense against Palestinian rights, then we'll have a fight on our hands.

--------

The "fight" seems a paper fight among activists hidden in a corner where they will do no harm. _The_ problem is not what "solution" to offer but the building of political strength to make any difference. The strategy needed does not concern the goals but the building of that political strength. And this thread has not even touched, not even remotely touched, on _that_ 'problem.'

Carrol