[lbo-talk] On Chomsky's remark about Israeli society

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 09:34:07 PDT 2011

That doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever. You're claiming that a political (in this case, for our purposes, solidarity) movement should first build its strength, and then decide what it supports? Like, South Africa solidarity organizers should have developed a massive global movement, before deciding if they supported the ANC or bantustans? Presumably your position is more sensible than that, but if so, I can't make out what it is. Who the hell would join any Movement for Something to be Determined Tomorrow? (And to be clear, as a solidarity activist, I don't see it it as my place or obligation to offer any "solution." Palestinians are perfectly capable of fashioning their own.)

The "fight" seems a paper fight among activists hidden in a corner where