[lbo-talk] Modern reading comprehension via FB

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Oct 3 08:34:20 PDT 2011

> FWIW, I stopped by the General Assembly tonight (Sunday, 10/2, the night
> after Brooklyn Bridge event) for a couple hours

BTW, I have to say, having sat through a couple of hours, my first demand would be for the city to let them use a bullhorn. It seems a perfectly reasonable and realizable one with lot of sympathy among everyone who's every visited -- the ban is absurd on any ground. And it would have an immediate and wonderful effect on the process they care so much about: it would make their meetings half as long. The difference between a 4 hour General Assembly and a 2 hour one is huge. It would also make them more enjoyable and more attractive.

I should add that with the weather getting cold, yelling until they're hoarse and sitting on the cold ground will wear them down physically.

Michael