[lbo-talk] Annarcho-Marxism? was David Graeber...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 3 15:35:33 PDT 2011

On 10/3/2011 2:28 PM, Eric Beck wrote:

By the way, I think OWS presents as much of a challenge to, or at least complication of, recent anarchistic ways of doing things as it confirms them.

I'm not familiar with "recent anarchist ways," but perhaps this could be amended to"challenge to, or at least complication of, all those who thought they knew how a movement must begin." _Some_ kinds of "Marxism" and _some_ kinds of anarchism have obviously grown closer in the last decade. On the last morning of the Solidarity Convention Jan & I happened (no symbolism intended) to be wearing black pants and red shirts. Someone who looked in his 40s anyhow (at least no "kid") walked by, paused, pointed noted the colors, and made some remark to the effect that that represented _His_ politics. That in an organization that some think should merge with ISO. Though one of the founders of it, once in the leadership of SWP, has declared flatly that she would NEVER belong to a democratic centralist organization.