[lbo-talk] the real problem with occupy wall street

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Mon Oct 3 17:55:14 PDT 2011

SA comments [Interesting convergence with some of the anti-Zionist critiques of the Israeli tent city protests]

I see the parallel, but disagree.

My answer which means nothing, is sure go to OWS and make your points about Native Americans.

In yore, I was surprized by how many California tribes (and how many were still around) came out and made their issues a lot more public. These were issues I knew nothing about at the time. It was a good learning experience. Occupying Alcatraz was an electrifying event out here. Taking that island was an act of pure genius. I am pretty sure NAs would only amplify and deepen OWS crowds, issues, events...

So SA, ravi, and others go back to that article and read down into the comments starting with OccupyWallStreetProtestor and answered by racialicious. Note racialicious's mention of the indigenous global south. She mentions it was complicated to sort out.

It isn't complicated, at least for me. Just show up, be visiable, and speak your mind. Governments and coporations have destroyed whole peoples or tried to and just about everybody knows it. In the US those still existing peoples make the link, are the link to that collective memory.

CG