[lbo-talk] the real problem with occupy wall street

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 09:51:08 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:49 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [WS:] I doubt.  You seem to underestimate the sense of entitlement
> that comes from being anointed by elite universities

No wild utopianism here, I'm just reporting what I see here at the UI (one of the key launch-pads of the US professional classes) and elsewhere in the higher educational world.

Some Rubicon of pain was crossed this summer, some point when suffering turned into insufferability. In all honesty, it's not like anything I've seen before -- not like the bubble surplus which powered Seattle, or the more local resistances of earlier years, rooted in specific struggles.

This is driven by a transnational ocean of class rage. Americans are finally starting to figure out, a little later than the rest of the planet, that the plutocrats have taken everything from them. We literally have nothing to lose but our debt-chains.

-- DRR