[lbo-talk] Fwd: Has the Left given up on Economics ? « The Disorder Of Things

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 13:25:03 PDT 2011

Jordan Hayes j

>> To the extent Keynesians do not do economic analysis
>> with the purpose of ending capitalism, but preserving
>> it, they are not Leftists in the essential sense.

Yeah, if you're not with us, you're against us.

Oh, wait.

^^^^^ CB: Giggles. I know you've heard of the famous song about Harlan County. At certain points in the class struggle the question is indeed "which side are you on ?".

Then there's the whole thing about sometimes the Left fights for a minimum program and sometimes a maximum program. Leftism isn't liberal pluralism.