[lbo-talk] Jobs

brandelune at gmail.com brandelune at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 18:43:56 PDT 2011

On Oct 6, 2011, at 9:57 AM, // ravi wrote:

> Yes. But I have a problem with the word innovation/innovator (though my peeve is with how it is used within the tech industry and by management types, not the more direct/straightforward way you mean it). Here’s what I wrote a while ago: http://l.ravi.be/q42Vri (nothing particularly insightful; just timely).

>From your text: "He is unabashedly common-sensical and bullshit-free."

I think that's what Doug means when he wrote "he was like the last remaining innovator in the U.S. economy". Innovation is a huge lot about no BS common sense, about simply linking the dots. Cook said that yesterday about Apple, basically that the company is trying very hard to link all the dots in a "I just works" way. I pretty sure that's not going to go away from Apple before a long while.

Jean-Christophe