[lbo-talk] Dean & her Dream. Some questions.

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 5 19:38:41 PDT 2011

Like shag, I have a very hard time taking Dean and Zizek seriously. And to that extent the following question is not a real question, because I don't believe it can have an answer. But I am also a bit curious, and if there is any answer at all I would like to hear it.

As I understand this comedy, the argument concerns the _need_ for a disciplined party. That Party could then provide the analysis, organizational theory, and goals which, those proposing it claim, are necessary for a revolutionary movement.

My questions.

How is the membership of this Party to be recruited?

What are to be the qualifications for membership?

How are they going to make themselves visible to potential recruits?

It is funny. This is so amateurish. And I did start out trying to be serious. But like shag, I can't be.

Carrol

P.S. They really should have invited Bob Avakian or a representative to be on the panel.