[lbo-talk] NYC 10/14: a debate on #occupyws

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Oct 5 21:13:48 PDT 2011

Isn't there some hi techi way for the speaker to have a group call with everyone there?

All you need is a central "conference" number everyone can call in to?

Is it a scaling problem? Ravi?

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "shag carpet bomb" <shag at cleandraws.com> To: "shag carpet bomb" <shag at cleandraws.com> Cc: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 4:38:02 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] NYC 10/14: a debate on #occupyws

>>> That sounds like great discussion. If somebody could record it and
>>> post
>>> it, those of who can't come would very grateful.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>
>> -------------------
>>
>> Certainly second that. Any central topic?
>>
>> I'd like to hear about getting amplified sound at the park(?) so
>> people can
>> be heard. It was a very important demand in yore (FSM days). What
>> is
>> the
>> ban about a city ordinance?
>
> because they are located where small business and residential areas
> are. the last time NYS supreme court ruled on the issue it was 1948.
> I'm guessing that no one is going to challenge it because, uh, they
> ALREADY DID.

sorry, i had a premature ejaculation because Doug typed relish, gloss, and dicks all in the same post.

The started out using bullhorns but the cops took them away.

decent legal minds have already been trying to challenge this one for over fifty years. no doubt, they've already looked into it and decided they don't want to put the resources on a court battle, etc. I'm sure people over at Lawyer's Guild though would want to hear your idea. I'm guessing it's never occurred to them to challenge the issue! Ooooo Ooooo. Iknow.call the ACLU. I bet we could start a fund raising campaign to fight this issuel. I'll bet they've never challenged the ordinance either. Gawd. This is soooooooooooo cool!