[lbo-talk] OWS panel discussion: what would *you* want to hear discussed?

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 00:34:11 PDT 2011

I honestly have been thinking about the durability of the movement and possibilities of actual structural change. My instincts tell me that it will peter out; that in six months from now Goldman Sachs, Glaxo Smith Kline and other corporations will be doing business as usual; people in the US would be discussing the elections; students will be applying for loans; more people will be added to the list of those who have no medical insurance; the wars will be scaled down; some of the US foreign military basis (especially in non-threatening places, like Europe) will be closed, but not Southern Europe because of those dark-skinned hordes from North Africa... and politicians and diplomats will make statements like "that is why we live in a democracy" or "that is why we are the freeest people in the world" and Fox News would compare the movement with the right wing tea baggers (I wonder if there would have been a tea bag movement if the President's name was Dave

"Bubba" Lundgren)

But then again, I don't do predictions. I can't even predict the score of my football team's match on Saturday.

Ismail Lagardien

Nihil humani a me alienum puto

________________________________ From: SA <s11131978 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, 6 October 2011, 5:13 Subject: [lbo-talk] OWS panel discussion: what would *you* want to hear discussed?

As moderator, I'd be thrilled if people on this list could chime in with some good questions/topics for discussion/avenues of inquiry they'd be interested to hear explored....Thanks in advance....

SA